How to prepare and cook Chicken Cordon Bleu
My children love this recipe so much. This holiday season, they ask me to prepare Chicken Cordon Bleu for them. This time, I will add little vegetables in the recipe. Try them too.
2 huge chicken breast (deboned and split into 4 halves)
4 Swiss cheese (cheddar cheese will work too)
4 slices of sweet ham
1 medium-sized carrot (cut into 3 inch strips)
1 medium-sized capsicum (or bell pepper)
1 egg (beaten)
1 cup bread crumbs
1 cup all-purpose flour
ground white pepper
oil (for frying)
- Start your Chicken Cordon Bleu with the chicken breasts. After getting your breast chicken de-boned, split them into halves and place one of them on a chopping board. I use clean plastic bag on the chopping board and on top of the chicken, then I pound it using the flat side of a meat tenderizer. Do this with the rest of the breasts.
- Place one slice of sweet ham on one of the chicken breasts, top with cheese, and on the middle of are 3 sticks of carrots and bell pepper sticks.
- Roll the chicken slowly with the sides folded, keeping all the fillings inside. Use toothpick to close the roll.
- Using your flour, mix in with 1 tsp. of salt and white pepper and place the chicken roll on the flour mixture until coated. Dip on the the beaten egg and transfer onto the bread crumb.
- Do the same with the rest of the chicken rolls.
- On a frying pan, pour little oil to fry the rolls. Once half cooked, pre-heat the oven for 15 minutes at 400 F (200 C).
- Place your chicken cordon bleu on a tray and bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve with Mornay sauce or sour cream sauce.